I don't feel funny today. I really don't. Probably because we are currently April 23th and it's the APOCALYSPE outside right now. When I put away my winter coats and boots at the end of March, I was expecting to get them out only by next november but apparently: (that's the part where you're supposed to click on the click and laugh) NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
I woke up to a white scenery this morning!
I mean, I litteraly went to school by CRAZY CARPET!
No I didn't. *Still have to do it one day though
That's why I don't feel funny today.
I really don't.
But you know what's even worse than having your feet soaking wet because of the snow on April 23th ?
A 1625$ tuition hike. A 75 per cent hike for Quebec students divided over five years. It also means at least 7000 less student going to university. It means that a normal student will have to work 162 hours more each year.
The student population already works too much. Fifty per cent of us come from a family with a yearly income below 65 000$. The majority of us is working at least 16 hours a week even if numerous studies show that working more than 15 hours a week affects a student academic achievement.
And don't even get me started on the loans. You practically have to be homeless to receive a bursary or even a poor loan. They assume that if your parents earn between $30 000 and $60 000 a year are completely able to pay up to $6000 for their child's education. The truth is that half of them don't .
We've been hearing about the rise of the tuition fees for a while. Personally, one year ago, I was misinformed and didn't believed it would really happen. Then, we started to hear about it more and more and public manifestations began. I realized how big this story was getting.
I'm thrilled to see Quebecers trying to stand up against something and having a cause to heart. For once, we do not kowtow at constraints that are being imposed to us. I'm proud to see that I'm part of a generation that wants to start shaping a better future for our kids.
Another thing that interested me much was how the social medias were involved. Just like the Arab Spring not to while ago, Facebook and Twitter were major actors at helping the student movement to revolt. One trend that exploded throughout the web were...... drum rolllllllllll... MEMES!!! They were EVERYWHERE ! Every university had they own Memes page where students could express themselves on the strike. If you're not especially familiar with this trend, memes are funny images with short and ''effective'' message.
Here's my TOOOPPPPPPPPP 4 OF THE BEST MEMES ABOUT THE STRIKEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes i scream loud
Another thing that interested me much was how the social medias were involved. Just like the Arab Spring not to while ago, Facebook and Twitter were major actors at helping the student movement to revolt. One trend that exploded throughout the web were...... drum rolllllllllll... MEMES!!! They were EVERYWHERE ! Every university had they own Memes page where students could express themselves on the strike. If you're not especially familiar with this trend, memes are funny images with short and ''effective'' message.
Here's my TOOOPPPPPPPPP 4 OF THE BEST MEMES ABOUT THE STRIKEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes i scream loud
3.
4.




No comments:
Post a Comment