Monday, November 21, 2011

some serious stuff... again



What's shakin' bacon?


You probably know the honest blogger that I am. Or not since it's just my fourth post? Anyways. 
I don't feel like writing today. By the way, is it just me or when I hear someone saying: I don't feel like.... I immediately think of that HUGE HIT of the Scissor Sisters that used to play in my pink mp3 in 2006? Fine. Maybe, it's just me. Man, it was bad, but the beat was kinda catchy. If you're nice i'll play it by the end of the article. That being said, be warned that the chances are pretty good that my article will be...um...boring. Please bear with me on this one.


You probably read my post where I talked about the Occupy Wall Street movement.  I know I already got up with this subject, but on this week's edition of Macleans, Nicholas Kohler wrote an article that shocked me. The title of the article is: ''From farce to tragedy and back''. At first sight, it is pretty obvious that the guy's against the movement. He pretty much compares all the sacrifices ''the indignated'' (as they call themselves) take in order to spread their message as being a farce.


Farce: a light, humorous play in which the plot depends upon a skillfully exploited situation rather than upon the development of character.  


I agree that Occupy needs to deliver a more concrete message and show better organization of their sites. It's a fact that homeless people and drug addicts take advantage of the situation to infiltrate the groups of protestant, but these trouble makers are not there for the right reasons. Of course, the medias will spread this side of the movement rather than what Occupy really is. Core supporters are not taking drugs and causing trouble. They are there for the right reasons. They are there to promote their anger towards the political system and how it only protects that rich 1% of the population. 

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, you're funny.
    I have to say that I agree with you. For me, Occupy is a good thing because someone had to say that was enough. BUT, I think the way they defend their opinion isn't really classy and organized. Like you said, drug addicts and homeless people take advantage of it and support the movement just to have a place to sleep or to take drugs. What is sad on it is that they don't all really know why they are protesting. I was really shocked to learn that some young people die on these camps because of the drugs they take there. My respect for Occupy Wall Street just lost some points since I read this article.

    By the way, I like your blog and it's always a pleasure to read your posts.
    Love you my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are FUNNY as always dear Sarah! 
    No, I don't think your post was boring, I also read Nicholas Kohler's article but I have to say that I didn't really understand what he was saying.. Now that you talked about it, it is clearer to me and I am also a little bit shocked. As you said, the medias will take advantage of that situation because as soon as they discover something bad, they spread it and that is what people remember! I totally agree with you. It was nice to have an opinion about the article, not only about the movement.

    ReplyDelete