Hey guys !
I know I've set the expectations really high with my first post (cough), so I decided to get in some deep subject today. The other day, as I was laying down on the beach, tanning under the sun of the Carribeans while sipping some freshly-made margarita ... Just kidding. It was more like: my dad driving me to school in his 2009 Dodge Caravan (so glam). So, yeah, the other day, I catched an interview on a radio show talking about the pertinence of this current social movement called ''Occupy Wall Street''. I had already heard about this a while ago, but I was repainting my nails, so I didn't pay as much interest as I would've normally.lol. In case you were in an other world for the last few months and you didn't have access to any type of technology, Occupy Wall Street is a resistance movement led by the people themselves that took over the world to denounce crony capitalism. I bet some of you are wondering what crony capitalism eats in winter (as I would've said in french). Well, I would describe crony capitalism as a type of economy in which the business people, the rich ones and the government is clearly in a position of power because they control and benefit the economy. According to it's official website http://occupywallst.org/, they're a movement that empowers real people to create real change from the bottom up. They represent the 99% of the population that no longer agree the fact that only 1% of the population allow themselves to be corrupted and greedy.
Shall we go on with the part were i'm SHOCKED, OUTRAGED, and MAD !
It doesn't make much sense to me that a clear majority of North Americans will work hard all their lives only to be paid a minimal salary and to be obligated to borrow money from banks or credit companies to pay their rent, groceries, clothes and tuition fees. We, the ''people'', will have to take down the streets and show the 1% that this is not going to work anymore. I totally agree with the movement ''Occupy Wall Street''. If we want to build a better and fairer society for our children , we have to get together right now.
Let me know what you think about it ! Now to lighten up the mood a little bit :) A BABY SANDWICH !
have a great halloween everyone :)

LOL baby sandwich
ReplyDelete